Each month, we are excited to recognize the hidden talents, dreams, quirks, and passions of different members of our amazing team! Our people are truly what make us great, and their answers to these questions provide just a little insight into why.
Employee: Darian Villalobos
Role: Media Coordinator
Years with Infinity: 1
- Do you have a favorite newspaper, blog? I read GVL Today every single morning. It keeps me in the know about everything going on around me.
- If you could witness any historical event, what would you want to see? The Buffalo Bills being in the Super Bowl.. any of the 4 times…
- Before working at Infinity, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had? In high school and on my college breaks I worked at a pizzeria for almost 4 years. I was the expert in all areas- pizza, subs, wings, pasta, and phones! The discount was worth it!
- What is an ability you wish you had? To fly- I have had endless dreams about this.
- What book did you read last? 52 Cups of Coffee
- How do you define success? Being able to look back at something and feeling accomplished and proud of it.
Employee: Josh Tankersley
Years with Infinity: 1.5
- What is your favorite part about working for Infinity? The people. For so many reasons. It’s like working with a group of my closest friends. I always feel incredibly supported and respected, I feel like my opinions matter and are valued, and I almost always have fun each day. Even when things get tough, I feel like I have a support net and plenty of people backing me.
- How do you define success? For me, success is about wrapping up each day knowing that you took another step towards a goal, helped someone, or added value to something. Honestly, that’s about it. I don’t really measure my success in a quantitative way. I just like being able to go home and relax and know that I’ve earned it.
- If you were an animal what would you be? I would probably want to be a chameleon. They’re adorable, they’ve got those cool hands and a weaponized tongue, and they can look in multiple directions at the same time, so I could turn my head a little and make someone think I’m paying attention when I’m actually just watching TV. But, if we’re being honest, I’d probably just be like, an average dog. I eat a lot, I like to sleep on the couch, and I get really excited whenever you pay attention to me.
- What is your favorite thing to do in the wonderful city of Greenville? Greenville’s great for lots of things. I love going downtown to try different restaurants and just stroll through Falls Park. But, my favorite thing to do here is go to all the festivals we have, like Artisphere and Indie Craft Parade. Oh, and the farmers market is awesome. See? Too much to name.
- Do you have a favorite quote? There are a ton of quotes that I could bring up here, but there’s always been one that stuck with me after I heard it. Okay, so get this, you’ve heard of people having famous last words, right? Well, for me, Oscar Wilde’s were the greatest of all time. Though there are a ton of different versions out there of what he actually said or wrote, I’ll deliver it the way I originally heard it. So, Oscar Wilde’s there, just about to kick the bucket, right? And he looks around the room and says, “Either this wallpaper goes, or I do.” Legendary.
- What would people never guess you do in your role? I get to do all sorts of cool things besides just writing. Like, let’s take videos for example. When I write a video, I of course write the script for the audio side of things, plus any words that appear on screen. But, I also write the video direction, which Landon then takes and turns into incredible things (that are way better than what I originally describe). I also go and pull music tracks that I think will fit the video, and I even help pick out and direct our voiceover talent. It’s really cool to be involved every step of the way, and to be consulted on what I had envisioned when I wrote the script. Everyone comes together to bring the thing to life.